Mar 30, 2010

Hey, Pooter, Doncha Wanna Horse?

-
-

-
This blog is temporarily shut down as we mourn the passing of
William
"Uncle Bill"
Masler.
-
-
-
--
-
-
The last time Uncle Bill came down was the result of another one of his and Matt's great ideas. They heard that we got some horses so he called me up one day and said, "Pooter, don'cha want another horse? We have one nobody rides and we'd love to give her to you." This was in our early days of ranching and we didn't know nothin' about free horses, so I eagerly said "Yeah! Sure, bring her down." After he got my confirmation, he released the minor detail that it was a miniature horse, untamed, unruly, nobody in their right mind would want. (except maybe Marj)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Before I could change my mind, Uncle Bill and Matt rigged up this cage on the back of their pick-up, coaxed that miniature hellion into it and drove non-stop 800 miles, arriving at my doorstep in just under 13 hours with Aunt Myra firmly lodged between them.
-
-
-
-
-
They unloaded that sucker, gave me some feeding instructions and collapsed into bed. We had a sweet visit the next morning and by afternoon they were ready to head home.
-
My heart is with you guys - mom and dad, Aunt Myra, Matt, Ronnie, Terry, Holly. I wish I could be there. When the pain lessens, I hope we can sit around and laugh over all the Uncle Bill stories.
-
-

Moose, Bill, Marie, Shirley, Jerry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val,

How wonderful of you to post these great pictures and story about uncle Bill. He was so funny and just like that.

I had spent some time with Bill over the last three months and yesterday I spent time with Myra and Terry laughing and crying retelling some of your Uncle Bills stories.

A freind of the family, Andy

~Connie said...

My sympathies to you and your family. Such a sweet story ....