Mar 24, 2009

SC: Charleston: Dolphins

We spent this past weekend in Charleston.
I'll have several posts about it, I'm sure.
-
-
-
-

On the first night, we stayed in a really nice hotel, The Charleston Place. The best thing about this hotel is the location, right at the foot of the market around Market & King Streets. The second best thing is the lobby, it's beautiful. Every time we descended the stairs, Eva pretended she was a princess wearing a hoop skirt gown and Cinderella glass slippers.
-
The worst part about the hotel is the ticking noise in our room. We attempted to change rooms, but the second room also had this ticking noise. I think it was the plumbing, Tom thinks it was an AC unit or something. It didn't tick at night while we were sleeping, so it ended up OK. Would I go back? Probably not.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Along with the basket of candies, cookies and sodas, Eva also loved the toiletries. I introduced her to the Shoe Mitt and she went to town on our shoes.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The only thing I have time to write about now is the dolphin sighting. We walked down to the docks, near the Battery, and went out on the pier at Waterfront Park. At the end of the pier, we spotted some dolphins have a great time.
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
Water-
Waterfront Park is a grassy area along the shoreline with some fountains kids can swim in and benches to sit and read, relax. The pier has several large bench swings that we always like to sit on. I think you can fish from the pier, but I'm not sure.
-
Watching these dolphins was great fun though.
-
-
-
---
More on Charleston later this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooooooo jealous I LOVE Charleston. All the times I've gone I've yet to see a dolphin yet everybody else sees them, no fair!

P.S. Which one of those turkeys is "Driftwood"? Heh heh

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Looks like a nice place but where is Charleston? Is it famous for anything? Maybe the ticking was your heart beating loud because you were in such a romantic place with your lover and best friend, your husband.

Are you inferring that I am a turkey? Your mother sure thinks so!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I love Charleston!! I'm so ready to go back! You're really going to make me jealous w/multiple posts about Charleston. You're sooooooo lucky!