Jan 30, 2009

Oh, it's ON

-
-
Busbees vs. Slikers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
We've spent many years building a friendship based on loving, moral, spiritual (& sometimes financial) support. We've been together in some hard times, shared some funny times, been through the gamut (& thru 3 pastors, 2 interims, but who's counting).
-
(Jackie's looking a tad bit over confident here, don'cha think?)
-
-
-
-
-
So when Doug asked if we'd like a little friendly competition at the NASCAR Park racetrak, I was juiced.
-
Visions of Street Legal & Need for Speed danced in my head.
-
-
-
--
-

I cut my teeth on Atari's Gran Trak 10, racing against the clock.
-
Then in '82, which was quite a memorable year by the way, Pole Position introduced other cars and drivers to the game. Computerized cars and drivers, not the guy/gal sitting next to you.
-
-
-
-
Then I missed many years on the video racing game scene as I was busy having babies.
Around 1999 I went out again and discovered that racing games now consisted of several players, real, live people, all competing against each other simultaneously. Totally. I stunk. But I blamed that on over ten years of forced retirement.
-
-
Between '99 and '09, I spent very little time on these competitive simulators.
-
-
-
And that brings us up to the Big Day, the Busbee's Gatorade Duel 1 when Doug sauntered up to us and asked if we dared.
-
Oh, we dared, Buddy. We came, we saw, we conquered.
Next on the agenda: Busbee's Gatorade Duel 2: Demolition Derby.
-
Bring it on, Jackie, you just bring it on, sister.

No comments: