Jun 15, 2008

Sole Sisters, Alive and Well (Newberry, SC, Palmetto Trail)


-
The Sole Sisters strike again. We hiked the Lynch's Woods portion of the Palmetto Trail Saturday morning.
-
I know, on the map it looks like a very tiny portion, but in real life it is much bigger. Much, much bigger. Aaaaand . . . I got 17,941 steps for the day. You can't do that on a little, tiny, dinky portion of the trail.
-
Here's Debra making her steps a little more fancy than mine. (she's competitive like that)
-

-
-


-
-
Being the toughest member of the team, it was up to me to remove this humongous tree root off the trail so we could move past.
-
(I think my legendary superstrength is why they recruited me.)
-
-

--
-
-



-
-
We had this freaky moment in the serene woods when Connie's cell phone rang.
-
It was like those ads in the movie theater that demonstrate some places just aren't meant for cell phone usage.
-
-


-
-
-
-

And another freaky moment when it appeared that I was with Psycho Sisters and might not come out alive. . .
-
But I think the freakiest moment of all and definitely the hardest to explain is this:
-
-

No comments: