May 26, 2008

Brevard, NC: The White Squirrel WHAT??

I saw Edwin McCain a/k/a "Ugly Mommy" live at the White Squirrel Festival this past weekend. Read that sentence again. Isn't that a fun one. . . ahhhhh. . . where should I begin?

The White Squirrel Festival is in Brevard, NC, and this particular one was the 5th Annual. Impressive, I know.

We were out hiking in the woods and wouldn't you just know it - we missed the Polaroid Photos with Woody the White Squirrel, the Squirrel Feeder contest, and the children's reading of "Little White Squirrel's Secret." Mostly, I would have liked to have seen the white squirrel photo contest. I wanted to see him with my own eyes.

Apparently, this little fella is so elusive, they have to put stuffed animal white squirrels all over town for the festival. I'm not sure if anyone's actually seen the real white squirrel. I did see one T-shirt on a rebel-ish older man that said,
-
"Squirrel - the other white meat."
-


So anyway, back to Edwin McCain. I'm not a terribly big Edwin McFan. I suspect I like his lyrics, still have to verify that, but I don't particularly like most of his music, it is too noisy. Hearing him live was rough because the bass was way too loud. My heart already does weird things on any given day; I was on the edge of my seat worrying this loud bass was in danger of resetting my heart algorithm.
-
So I was just kind of waiting out the night, scoping out some very interesting people. It seemed like midnight and I was ready to go, but then it was only 9:38!! I decided I wasn't leaving until this old codger left. If I left a rock n roll concert before this old codger, what would that make me?? left before an old dger, what would that make me??
-
But enough about me.
-
I heard (and now saw) that Edwin had cut his notoriously long hair and donated it to Locks of Love.
-
Well. . .
-
I think I found his recipient.
-

No comments: